Signing up for Login and Pay with Amazon
Getting ready to use Login and Pay with Amazon requires just a few steps. In the following topics, you'll learn what you need to do in the following five areas:
- Before you start: Collect the information you'll need to register.
- Sign up: Register for your Amazon Payments Seller account.
- Set up: Get your account information set up on the Seller Central website.
- Integrate: Get your website working with Amazon Payments.
- Launch: Kick off your website changes and get ready for orders.
Before you start
Login and Pay with Amazon is available for merchants with a U.S presence. You must have a U.S.-based street address, a U.S.-based bank account, a credit card associated with a U.S. street address, and a U.S.-based phone number.
If your business meets the above qualifications, you're all set to register for Login and Pay with Amazon.
Collect the information listed below before you start the registration process so you'll be ready to set up your account.
- Have a U.S.-based phone number for our registration service to contact you.
- Have a credit card (issued by a U.S.-based bank).
- Have a checking account with a U.S.-based bank (you can set this up after registration).
- Have your business taxpayer ID, EIN, or personal social security number available for the online tax document interview (you can set this up after registration).
After you gather the necessary information, follow these simple steps to sign up.
- Visit https://payments.amazon.com and click For merchants.
- Click the Sign Up option that is right for you — already using a cart or e-commerce provider, or not using a cart provider.
- Follow the prompts on the page to select your e-commerce provider and create your Seller Central account (if you selected that you have one). If you selected that you have no e-commerce provider, create your Seller Central account, which is also your Seller ID account.
- After you've signed up for Amazon Payments, go to https://sellercentral.amazon.com/ to open the Seller Central website. Seller Central is an easy-to-use website where you will manage the integration of your website with Login and Pay with Amazon, download settlement reports, and manage disputes.
- In Seller Central, click Settings, and then set up your Account Info, Integration Settings (including your Banner Image), and other settings.
For detailed information about integration with Login and Pay with Amazon, read the Login and Pay with Amazon Integration Guide and Pay with Amazon API Reference Guide that are available in Integration Central. Be sure to get your MWS Security Keys and set up a test buyer account so you can test your integration in the sandbox before going live.
After you have completed testing and integration, follow the steps in the Login and Pay with Amazon Integration Guide to switch from the sandbox to production, and then switch your Seller Central settings from sandbox view to production.
You can publish your updated web pages to your website, send your promotional emails to your buyers by using your email client, and get ready to receive orders.