Making changes to your Amazon Payments account information
Because your Amazon Payments account is linked to your Amazon account, you can change some settings that are associated with your account on both Amazon.com and the Amazon Payments site, while you can change others on only one or the other of the sites.
On Amazon.com While the settings apply on both sites, you can change these settings only on Amazon.com:
- Change your password
- Change your account name
- Edit your email address
- Edit your communication preferences
To get started, go to Amazon.com, sign in, click Your Account, and then make your changes.
On Amazon Payments You can change the following settings on the Amazon Payments site, and the changes apply only to your Amazon Payments account:
- Edit or delete payment authorizations for recurring payments (like subscriptions)
- View your Amazon Payments transactions
- Verify your email address (to verify your account)
- Contact merchants
- File claims
To get started, go to the Amazon Payments website, sign in to your account, and then click the Edit My Account Settings tab.
On Amazon.com and Amazon Payments You can change the following settings on either site, and the changes apply on both sites:
- Add or remove a payment method
- Edit credit or debit card settings (for example, update the expiration date for a card)
- Add a billing address