Settlement reports provide a detailed breakdown of your account activity for a given settlement period. Settlement reports are generated regularly, and you can download them from Seller Central.
By reviewing the settlement report, you can understand your account activity. You can open the settlement report in a text editor, or you can use a spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel, to review and manage the information.
Generally, Amazon first settles your account 14 days after your first payment transaction completes. After the initial 14 day holding period, your account is settled daily. If you add or change your bank account information, your settlements will be suspended for three days.
For a settlement to take place, you must:
- Have a positive or zero account balance. Fees, A-to-z Guarantee claims, chargebacks, customer refunds, and Reserve can affect your balance.
- Have entered valid information in Seller Central for your U.S. bank checking account. For more information, see Adding & managing a bank account.
- Have a valid credit card associated with your account.
- Have processed payments in the previous settlement cycle.
It usually takes 3 to 5 business days from the time that we settle your account and initiate an ACH transfer before the funds arrive in your account.
You can find your settlement reports on the Reports tab. To download a copy of your latest settlement report, follow the steps listed below.
Download your settlement report
- On the Reports tab, click Payments, and then click the All Statements link.
- Click Download to download a copy of your report.
- If prompted, save the file to your computer.
- Settlement reports are available only for the past 90 days. We recommend that you save copies for your own records.
- If you do not have a positive account balance with Amazon at end of your settlement period, then no settlement takes place and no report is generated.
Reading a settlement report
Settlement reports are tab-delimited text files. These can be difficult to read in a text editor, such as Notepad or Text Edit, but you can easily open them in most spreadsheet applications or database software.
The easiest way to read a settlement report is to save it to your computer and then open the document in your favorite spreadsheet or database application. With a spreadsheet program you can easily summarize, manipulate, or reformat the data the way that you want.
- Some web browsers automatically open settlement reports with your computer's default text editor. If this happens, use the File menu to save a copy of the report to your computer before opening it in another application.
- In a Windows PC, you can right-click the link for the settlement report to save the file to your computer.
Your settlement report contains a separate line for every transaction.
For more information
For detailed instructions on determining whether you have been paid for an order or determining which orders you were paid for in a particular bank deposit, see Obtaining transaction and settlement reports on Seller Central.
For more information about report data elements and how to access reports using Amazon Marketplace Web Service Reports API calls, see the Amazon Payments Settlement and Transaction Reports PDF.
For information on the appearance of donor billing address data in daily capture reports, see Pay with Amazon donation reports.