Updated February 8, 2014
This Acceptable Use Policy lists items and activities that we prohibit because they may
be illegal or inappropriate in connection with the use of our services. It applies to
any person or entity using our payment service and any transactions that we are asked to
process. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with this policy. We may modify
this policy at any time.
If we believe or suspect that any transaction violates this policy or is otherwise
illegal or unsuitable, we may take any corrective action that we deem appropriate,
including blocking the transaction, holding funds associated with a prohibited
transaction, suspending or restricting the use of our service, terminating the accounts
of violators, or any other corrective action. Please use the Contact Us page to report any violations of this
Prohibited Items and Activities:
- Adult Oriented Products and Services - includes pornography (including child
pornography), sexually explicit materials (in all media types such as Internet,
phone, and printed materials), dating services, escort services, or prostitution
- Alcohol - includes sales of wine, beer, and liquor conducted over the Internet
or mail order
- Cash or cash equivalent instruments - including but not limited to money orders,
travelers' checks, and generally accepted stored value products.
- Collection Agencies - includes businesses that are engaged in the collection of
uncollectible debt or accounts receivable and billing companies.
- Credit Services - includes credit counseling, credit repair services, credit
protection, and identity theft protection.
- Donations and Charitable Solicitations - includes charities and non-profit
organizations without a valid 501(c)(3) tax exempt status, charitable
solicitations, commercial fundraisers (including commercial co-venturers), or
any activity associated with the solicitation of donations.
- Drugs - includes illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, online or mail order
pharmacies, importation of pharmaceuticals from foreign countries, and
- Financial Intermediaries and Money Service Businesses - includes online
auctions, Internet malls processing third party payments, credit card
aggregators, offshore banking operations, debt financing, money transmitters,
check cashing services, currency exchange and dealing, cash advance services,
payday lending, escrow services, any service that receives and processes money
on behalf of others, and any issuers, redeemers, and sellers of money orders,
travelers checks, and stored value products (other than retail gift cards).
- Firearms and Weapons - includes ammunition, guns, rifles, shotguns, pistols,
other firearms, knives (automatic, spring-loaded knives, throwing, etc.), brass
knuckles, or other weapons.
- Gambling Businesses - includes online gambling (including poker), lotteries
(including sale of lottery tickets), games of chance (including sweepstakes and
raffles), sports forecasting, or odds-making.
- Healthcare Discount Plans - includes discount healthcare plans or membership
- Illegal, Inappropriate or Offensive Items or Activities - includes any good or
service that violates local, state, or federal laws or regulations or that would
be generally offensive to others. Examples include stolen goods, Cuban cigars,
cable descramblers, materials that infringe other's intellectual property rights
(including pirated software and counterfeit goods), human body parts, endangered
species, items that defame or slander others, hate literature, occult materials,
and any other items or activities that in our judgment are illegal,
inappropriate or offensive in connection with our services.
- Marketing Businesses - includes direct marketing, subscription merchants,
telemarketing, multi-level marketing, "up-sell" merchants, infomercial
merchants, and rebate-based businesses.
- Membership Clubs - includes buyer clubs, membership clubs, and lifetime
memberships or guarantees.
- Miracle Cure Products - includes cures, remedies or enhancement products, and
other health/nutritional products offering guaranteed results.
- Money Making ("Get Rich") Businesses - includes information guides, warranty
fees, mortgage reduction services, and any product or service where a prize is
guaranteed, marketing media is unavailable, premiums/incentives are offered,
promises of future guaranteed results are made, or any rebate or reward
- Phone Services - includes 800 or 900 phone services and audio text services,
prepaid phone cards, and prepaid phone services.
- Regulated Activities - includes bail bonds services, security brokers, and
- Tobacco Products - includes cigars, cigarettes, and other tobacco products.
- Travel and Time Share Services - includes agencies, tour operators, clubs,
packages, airlines, cruise lines, time shares, and property management
- Crowd funding or any activity related to soliciting contributions, donations, investments or pre-orders to fund the development of a product or a project. See Crowd funding FAQs.