- What is an Amazon Simple Pay Marketplace?
- What is the Amazon Simple Pay Marketplace Fee feature?
- How do Amazon Simple Pay Marketplace Fees work?
- Can the actual marketplace fee be different from what the seller accepted?
- How does Amazon Simple Pay Marketplace work for merchants?
- How does Amazon Simple Pay Marketplace work for buyers?
- How can I offer Amazon Simple Pay Marketplace on my site?
Marketplace developers can view these transactions in their account activity page on the Amazon Payments website. They can refund and settle these transactions through Amazon Simple Pay APIs. Marketplace developers also can chose to be notified of the transaction status through IPN.
By using Amazon Simple Pay Marketplace, developers can charge sellers a Marketplace Fee for using a website or application. The fee can either be fixed (for example, 0.20 USD), variable (for example, 4%) or a combination (for example, 4% + 0.20 USD).
Note that Marketplace Fees are deducted only after the successful settlement of the original transaction. Also, because credit card settlements can take up to one hour to process, Marketplace Fee transactions might not appear right away in the credit card transaction history.
- Create a button by accessing this URL: https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/marketplace
- Enter the information about your marketplace, and then click the Generate HTML button.
This creates the HTML code needed for your Amazon Simple Pay Subscription button.
- Copy the HTML code and paste it onto your website.
To change the payment amount, reason, or the marketplace fee, just change the appropriate HTML form fields on the page, click the Generate HTML button, and paste the new code onto your website. This will modify the marketplace fee and terms only for marketplace sellers created with the new button.